Friday, February 11, 2011

Bye Slump! I'm not going to miss you!

I'm going to blame this 3 year long slump I've been in, on college and a time consuming major. Did she say 3 years? Yah, your heard it right. I even have photographic proof! For the past 3 years I have been living in T-shirts, sweats, loose jeans and tennis shoes. YIKES! It has gotten to the point that I have lost any ounce of self-confidence. Not ok. I have been thinking about this as a problem in my life for awhile now, but didn't know exactly how to deal with it. I decided I am tired of not feeling good about myself, and find it ridiculous that I don't take the time to take care of myself. I began to seriously worry- if I don't take care of myself now, what's going to happen when I have children. I am just setting myself up to be a frumpy wife and mom! It is time to make the change!

1st step- examine my make-up bag...:/

Current inventory:
5-year old foundation- this could possibly be the reason my face as spontaneously been breaking out.
NO eyeshadow!?! This made me sad.
Blush- currently in tiny little pieces.=hazardous.

Are you feeling my pain yet?

Eyelash curler and mascara
Blake eyeliner
And some bronzer that is also 5 years old.
THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

After examining my make-up bag - I declared "operation get Court out of a frumpy slump!"

STEP 1: Order the boots I have been wanting for over 2 years. CHECK.

STEP 2: Order new foundation. CHECK.
STEP 3: Buy eyeshadow. CHECK.
STEP 4: Cut the hippie hair. CHECK.
STEP 5: Re-learn how to put on make-up
STEP 6: Hem all the pants that I never wear because they are too long (no more excusses not to wear "real" clothes.)
STEP 7: Limit the sweats and t-shirts for home and at most 3 days a week. (Baby steps people!)
STEP 8: Exercise.

I think that's a good start for now...
Steps 1, 2, & 4 already make me feel like a new person!

Now I just need to get used to wearing "real" clothes everyday. This one is particularly hard since I hate wearing clothes.


EVIDENCE! -Who doesn't like Pictures as evidence ;) I DO!

This is a perfect example for so many reasons: This picture was taken 3 Years ago (Seriously!)
See those pants and T-shirt..(ok, so you can't really see the T-shirt but it's there!) I practically wear those pants or identical ones EVERYDAY! No make-up and Hair in a pony tail. -Did I mention that this was taken 3 years ago...I have been wearing this get-up for the last 3-years.
This was ok for awhile or every now and again, but I took my comfort to the extreme.  
If you were wondering to yourself (which I am sure you were) "What does Court look like everyday?" Your looking at it!!


Love,
The new and improved, Court

No comments:

Post a Comment